Crate of Fire 4x4 Off the Road
Ribeira Brava is the next stop on this journey. The town reflects the personality of the stream, from where it gets its name. Ribeira (river) Brava (wild). The mother church is its main point of interest. Build in the 16th Century it has undergone several alterations throughout time. It has a Flemish work of art and a valuable Manuel style baptism fountain. But its chandeliers are its main attraction. On the sea promenade the fort of São Bento is this town’s landmark .Here you can enjoy a cup of coffee.
Paul da Serra
Leaving Ribeira Brava you climb to the plateau of Madeira. Paul da Serra which translated roughly is “mountain plain” .It is Madeira’s biggest and highest plateau. Located at 1400mts (4593 ft). It is Madeira’s Scot’s moors. It has wide open landscapes, where you can enjoy the panoramic views over the Valleys.
After enjoying lunch, the tour carries on the journey to discover other beautiful fishing villages. Prazeres is a small agricultural settlement around a church, with its massive towers appearing far too large for the place. The region around Prazeres still has many old one room houses built from dark basalt with unplasted walls.
Jardim do Mar
An instantly likeable place, the traditional fishing village of Jardim do Mar has a marine promenade which is delightful to walk. It has a sheer cliff tower above the village. It is the surfing centre of Madeira. Believe it or not, there is a route up the steep cliff which was the only route to get in and out of the village.
Paul do Mar
An unexceptional little fishing village, worth the visit, for its spectacular position beneath towering cliffs. Until the access road was built, in 1960`s the village could only be reached by sea. Paul do Mar itself is an anticlimax. There are some interesting backstreets round the church, at its eastern end with the beach, is obscured by its sheer cliffs.Occasionally hosts a surf competition. s
- Children from 0 to 8 years of age pay half price.
- Entrance at the Caves included in the Price
- Professional Tour spoken in Portuguese, English, French ,German or Spanish and Italian.
- Transport To and From your Hotel (Hotels in Caniço and Funchal) is Included in the Price.
- All Tours are done in small groups of 8 to 16 pax maximum
- We are not Time Share
- Tours may be Cancelled Due to Weather Conditions or Events Beyond our Control.
- If Tours are Cancelled Full Refund will be issued.
- We can Arrange tours for Small, Medium and Large Groups on request, Please Contact Us